Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Encounter / Boyfriend / Namjachingoo Korean drama 2018

This is the new Korean drama I currently follow once a week. I was hyped to know my favorite actress Song hye kyo plays in a drama this year after 2 years hiatus.

Well, it sounds typical and nothing new about the theme and story. It is about noona-dongsaeng (young man with older woman) romance with rich-poor/ social status related genre. However, I'm curious for what they offer for the viewers to see in the plot due to another drama with similar theme has been aired before with title 'Something in the rain/ Pretty noona who buys me food' earlier this year.

So far, the story is heavier and a lot more serious compared to the other drama (SitR). The previous drama took faster pace and steamy romance only after 3 episodes and they rather played hide and seek as if the romance was not something to be proud of. They were afraid and aware of the reaction they might get from people around them/society. As for this Encounter drama, the plot is taking an opposite direction with being opened from the beginning and slower pace in romance with more complicated obstacles to overcome. Something in the rain (SitR) was well accepted and liked because of the secret steamy romance, fast pace in the beginning and both actors are single. Meanwhile, Encounter is heavily criticized by some fans because of the problems are more obvious then the romance at the moment and also because of one of them is married woman in real life. 

For me personally, Encounter is interesting and I can't wait for what happen next since the story only reach 6 episodes so far. still have to wait another 5 weeks to write the whole conclusion for this. I might add it later.

Updated on 13 January 2019 (contained spoilers):
I may say that this drama is surprisingly really good. I got the sense of feeling and excitement just the same as when I watched 'My Ahjussi'. I can't wait to write whole review later after I watched the rest of episodes. The plot flow, chemistry and even the soundtracks are seriously great. One thing for sure, when you watch this, please make sure that you open your mind and heart and enjoy it as drama only and not related to the real life of its casts. I'll continue later after I finished watching the rest of episodes.

Last update after the drama is finished last week:
I have to say all is well and ends well for this drama. A heart-wrenching melancholic drama with feel good feeling after finished watching. I felt the sense of satisfaction which is really the same as after I finished watching 'My Ahjussi' back then. I love everything about this drama despite some irresponsible people who comment on it with some inappropriate words. This drama is way above 'Something in the Rain' in all aspects of quality. Be it the folding story, overall plot, problem solutions, dialogues, cinematography, chemistry, clothes and acting, etc. It may be a problem for those who never really understand the root of Kdrama which began with helpless romantic with sad and slow mellow genre. They will not understand the point. I think this one is worth watching on a scale of 8.5/10. In the end, love is love and it will always find a way against all odds. 

Trivia: The clothes and accessories that worn by the main female protagonist were really nice since those were from famous fashion brands and well-suited for formal casual in winter and summer season . :)

*the picture is a half hour speedpaint after finished watching the 2nd episode back then.  

 

No comments: