Thursday, May 21, 2009

New Jungle Called Job Society



Part 4 : New Jungle Called Job Society

After I finished my schools in both English and fashion for one year almost in the same time, luckily, the vacancy from both of my studies was already there. My English school offered me to be one of their teacher/staff for the English course, and I was also accepted in in small boutique. Since I couldn't do both, I had to choose one of them, I preferred the design's job.All for the sake of classic reason, money. I wanted to start saving some money of my own and also gave some for my parent as my gratitude towards them  for all this time.

From my first experience in work until then, there were many things I've learned. As in goodness and bad, happiness and sadness, friendship, betrayal, love, achievements.Altogether has brought me into who I am today. At first, for me, entering the new job situation was like entering one wild jungle, I couldn't differ between good or bad people,what was proper to be done or not, all the unwritten rules all over the place.

As for my first job they've eaten me alive,since I wasn't be able to survive cause of my innocence and naivety. For my second job after I graduated from schools, in the beginning I was learning a lot, started by dealing with the customers,direct drawings and had been given more responsibilities in my duty. The boutique actually taught me many things,but the fun and the knowledge went by as my boss told me to moved to the new branch office.Almost all the time I just sat down waiting and bored to death cause the lack of customers. So,when once I visited my school to take my certificate,they told me about one famous company open a vacancy for designer. They told me to participate and I did as they told. I finally being accepted there and quit from the boutique after working for months.

Right in this place, I've faced a lot more than I've ever imagined before. Humiliation, betrayal, friendship, enemies and love. All came at the same times as long as I was there for more than a year. When I started to work, no warm welcome from everybody there,but only suspicious faces as if lions set a target to their meals, ready to bite.In fact, in the beginning of my job, the only one whose nice to me was only my boss. As for the other I didn't know why, they're just put their faces down almost all the time and talked about me in a very horrible way. I didn't know what mistake I've made,but they're just love to humiliate me especially one girl who seemed to dislike me from the start. For some times I've cried but tried to hold on cause one thing in my mind that made me stayed, I must not ever gave up to them as my first job, it 'll be them who lose, not me.
Until one day the fortune fell upon me by his appearance.The customer of my boss from abroad. and I was the one whose chosen to be his assistant and made the seniors in the company couldn't close their mouths from my boss' surprising decision. Despite the contrast differences in appearance (I am a Muslim girl with hijab/veil) and him (a common European guy), he appreciated me based on professional thinking not by personal matter. We're getting closer and became friends, that made everyone set jealous eyes.Especially when my boss was counting on me more and more.I couldn't thank him enough for trusting me, for the chances he gave me. But the journey still going on in the next day.(2bcontinued)
   

No comments: